Want to know what is your household's electricity consumption at the moment? Energy Meter Reader application tells it. Electricity consumption is calculated from energy meter's blinking LED light, using your phone's camera. If you have set energy cost per kWh to settings, you also get daily cost of your household's electricity consumption. With Energy Meter Reader application you are able to compare how much electricity consumption changes when different electrical equipment / household lighting are on or off.
Default value for imp /kWh is 1000, currency is Euro and energy cost 5 cents / kWh.
Supported languages: ENG, FIN.
Supported currencies: EUR, GBP, RON, USD, CZK.
- set your imp/kWh value and energy price under settings (you can leave price setting empty).
- navigate back to scan view and point the camera to the blinking light in front of the energy meter.
- hold the phone in upright position.
- move close enough and the measurement starts automatically.
- hold the phone still and wait for two blinks to register.
- view previously saved results from the History view. You can delete old measurements by long clicking item in history list.
You can also use continuous measurement mode by enabling it from settings.