On September 16, 1993, Emmanuel Missionary Baptist Church was organized with God being the founder. The first worship service was scheduled and held on October 3, 1993 in a storefront building located at 1120 Joanne Street. The ministry took full force with full-time service, and weekly activities. The church family did not know what God had in store. Within seventeen months, the Lord blessed our small family to purchase a building located at 3930 South Drive, which was formally known as West Jackson Baptist Church. Our first service was held on April 16, 1995, Easter Sunday. At this location, God gave Pastor Horton yet another vision and Emmanuel began ministering to the community and surrounding areas by adding a Child Care Center, Christian School, and an After-School Program.