Elk is a free geotechnical platform that can be extended with either free or/and commercial plugins.
evaluate tests, model soils, design structures.
A single solution for all the steps of a geotechnical project:
One type of data, several representations
Test, soil model, infrastructure: easily view and interact with 3D earth map,
- In-situ testing (pressuremeters, static or dynamic
penetrometers, drillings, logs),
- Laboratory testing (triaxial, oedometer).
Tests are imported, georeferenced in the platform and
Evaluation is carried out using specific plugins.
Depending on needs:
- Simple lithological logs including average values within
- 2D geological cross-sections ,
- More complex 3D models.
Geomechanical properties are associated with these
models. Models are built eather from tests or from
scratch. Models are then being used to design
Infrastructure - geotechnical aspects
- Shallow foundations,
- Deep foundations (piles, micro-piles),
- Monopile foundations,
- Roads, structures,
- Retaining walls (anchored, slurry walls, ...)
Plugins enable infrastructure design.