Durgam means confusion, obstacles, attachments which hinder our greatest success. Durga takes away the durgam, guiding us beyond all confusion to the place of stillness, clarity, and understanding.
She is the female image of Infinite Energy, the form of the Divine Mother of the Universe. She is usually depicted with somewhere between four arms and a thousand, all forms indicative of the immensity of Her power. The main deity of this puja has ten arms, with hands holding ten weapons, representing ten forms of discipline with which sadhus come closer to Her.
This puja is a guided meditation into the presence of Durga. It contains four parts: Invitation, invocation, offering, and union, and most often they are interconnected, so that we are in union while we are offering our invocation. It is very similar to the harmony of the yogas: Dhyan, Gyan, Bhakti, and Karma. They are not separate or distinct. They are all interconnected and mutually dependent upon one another.
All of these four Yogas will unite in all the four parts of the worship, so when we sit for puja, we will be sitting in an Asana, performing Pranayama, bringing our senses to a focus, restraining the wandering of the mind, all the steps of Ashtanga yoga will join in our communion.
This is the goal of worship, it is the blessing of Puja. Shree Maa joins me is requesting Durga to send blessings to all devotees everywhere, and we pray that this app will assist you in enhancing your capacity of worship.
Book is presented with original Sanskrit mantras (in big and clear font), a Romanized phonetic transliteration, and a complete English translation. Total pages 504.
Esoteric knowledge of Divine worship (puja), which was once only in hold of elite Indian priests, is now made available by Swami Satyananda Saraswati to all sincere seekers of Truth. Who else can better explain this other than a man who moved from West to East, lived there for more than 20 years learning and practicing Divine worship, and then return to the West with his Self-realized guru Shree Maa to share this eternal knowledge with us all.
- Sanskrit only + Roman Transliteration & Translation book
- Latest Social media updates right on Home screen
- Play/download Bhajans & Chantings playlists. You can also purchase full-albums
- Watch videos classes, bhajans, sadhu stories
- Watch us Live from our HD webcams
- View photo albums of Maa, Swamiji & Mandir
- Get a new inspirational Quote everytime you open app
- Auto-syncing of new playlist, videos, panchang
- Yearly Panchang (lunar calendar)
- About US:- Get to know more about Devi Mandir and our Gurus Shree Maa and Swamiji
- More Apps:- You can browse our other available paid apps and read user reviews.
- Help('?' icon on home screen):- Here you can connect with our Social media, Email us any questions, Signup for our Newsletter, visit our Website or restart App tour.
- Supports latest iOS 9 multi-window feature.
We really appreciate if you can take a moment to review or rate this app so that other users can read them and make better choice before purchasing this app.