Innovative Practice Tools brings you Dr. Drone, a simple, affordable and powerful practice tool. Dr. Drone gives you the freedom to create your own bass lines and drone tracks and set them to a metronome. It opens whole new avenues of practicing for professionals, pedagogues, and students. It will become your favorite tool for developing great intonation and stability.
- Want to prep for a specific piece? Enter a bass line to your favorite tune, or enter a melody using either note names or scale degrees in an intuitive entry pad.
- Need more time to lock in each pitch? Vary the tempo between 40 and 208 BPM and tune along at your own pace. You can even let your drone go up to 500 seconds to really get into a meditative state!
- Trying to expand your range and stability? Dr. Drone will repeat sequences and can transpose them in a number of patterns (transpose the sequence around the Circle of 4ths, move up chromatically, etc.)
- Want to practice tuning within a chord? Add a Perfect 5th, Major 3rd or Minor 3rd to your drone (using just intonation) to practice fitting your sound right into the harmony.
- Got some 'go-to' exercises or warm-ups? Save your tunes along with their settings for repeated use.
- Working with a larger group? No problem! Add up to 50 harmonics to your drone to create the best quality sound for your system.
- Need to practice for your next orchestra gig that requires A443, or your next baroque service that calls for A420? Easily adjust your Concert Pitch A to be ready for any intonation situation.
- And if you really want a challenge, Dr. Drone includes a feature that allows you to randomly silence beats for the ultimate test of time and pitch independence.
From classical to jazz and from pop to gospel, this app is perfect for serious musicians and music educators that want to have a steady and flexible reference pitch lined up with a metronome. Its sleek design, friendly features, and video tutorials will have you using it like a pro in no time. Welcome to the 21st century of intonation practice with Dr. Drone!