DoNotTrackMe for Safari integrates with the Safari browser on your Mac to help you protect your privacy while you're online. You can use this service to block trackers, or you can mask your phone number, credit cards, and email address.
Great installation: All you have to do to install this app is download it and click one button. It completely integrates with Safari on its own and is immediately available to use.
Intuitive controls: The dashboard for DoNotTrackMe is straightforward, with a box for each type of protection you can turn on or off. Selecting one takes you to the detail screen for that feature with similarly straightforward options. And when you're browsing, you can see immediately if the app has blocked any trackers by glancing at the icon that appears in the browser's top toolbar next to the navigation controls.
Masked cards: While all of the masking features of this app are useful, the masked credit cards may be the most valuable element of the program. This feature lets you enter your credit card information into the app, and then generates random numbers that link back to your actual card. With these temporary numbers, you can make purchases online that charge to your credit card without ever having to give out the actual number.
Free limitations: Only the masked emails and tracking blocker are available for free through this program. If you'd like to access the masked phone numbers and card features, you'll have to subscribe for $5 per month or $45 per year.
For anyone interested in protecting their privacy online, DoNotTrackMe is a great choice. It offers multiple different types of protection, and it doesn't slow down or otherwise impact your ability to browse the Web at all.
The average internet user has their browsing history tracked 160 times per day. What does that mean?
- Almost every website you visit tracks and records your activity and sells your data to other companies.
- Every time you give a website your real email address, it makes you easier to track.
- LivingSocial, Adobe, Zappos, Facebook, Citigroup, and many more websites were hacked in 2013, representing over 200 million customers' data lost (emails, passwords, credit cards, and more).
*DoNotTrackMe: How It Works*
- By adding DoNotTrackMe, you will effortlessly block more than 600 tracking companies from seeing which sites you visit, articles you read, videos you watch, purchases you make, and more.
- No registration required! If you want to stop your email from being tracked, just provide your email address the next time you visit an email form (see screenshot). After that, you'll never have to give out your email ever again.
- Advanced Premium features ($5/mo.) allow you to protect more private information by creating one-time use, private credit cards when you shop online and providing you a private phone number.
Note: If you don't want to stop email tracking and spam from email form fields, you can turn this off by going to the DoNotTrackMe icon in your browser, clicking Settings, and unchecking "Don't track my email".