ABOUT: Davis's Canadian Drug Guide for Nurses
Canadian version, based on 16th print ed. 5,000 trade & generic drugs. 150 drug classifications. 800 built-in dosage calculators. Audio pronunciations. 1000+ drug monographs.
Download the FREE app and view selected topics (Approximately 10% of the content is viewable in the free app and tapping on the locked topic will launch the in-app purchase screen).
Author: April Hazard Vallerand PhD, RN, FAAN
Cynthia A. Sanoski BS, PharmD, FCCP, BCPS
Publisher: F. A. Davis Company
Daviss Canadian Drug Guide for Nurses, delivers all of the information you need to administer medications safely across the lifespanwell-organized monographs for hundreds of generic and thousands of trade-name drugsalong with the Canadian-specific information you want.
FREE DIGITAL ACCESS
One-year subscription to Daviss Canadian Drug Guide for Nurses via WebView - Skyscape's online tool. Youll have access to over 1,100 monographs from your desktop, laptop, or any mobile device with a web browser.
- Canadian-specific content
- Full monographs on drugs approved for use in Canada that are not FDA-approved for use in the US.
- Additional Canadian trade names for many US-approved generic drugs; identified by a maple leaf icon.
- A summary of the similarities and differences between pharmaceutical practices in the US and Canada.
- Canadian Advisory Board of clinicians, educators, and students.
- Audio pronunciations for almost 890 generic drugs
- Over 800 built-in drug dosing calculation tools. Simply review a drug, calculate the dose and administer all in a single step without needing to switch to a separate drug dosing program.
Comprehensive coverage on over 1,000 drug monographs including more than:
- 5,000 trade and generic drugs as well as expanded coverage of herbal products
- 150 drug classifications, both therapeutic and pharmacologic (if available)
- 500 commonly used combination drugs, including the dosage amount of the active generic ingredient
- Most complete life-span drug dosing considerations for adult, pediatric, and geriatric patients
Completely updated with expanded coverage on vulnerable populations including:
- New indications and dosing recommendations for top 100 pediatric drugs
- Pediatric, geriatric, and OB medication administration considerations
-A complete immunization schedule
- Special techniques for administering medications to children
- Oral rehydration solutions
- Drugs and breastfeeding
- List of drugs associated with increased number of falls in the elderly
More High Alert Coverage and Patient Safety Information than any other drug guide including:
- Special highlights to identify High Alert Medications with high risks for patient injury and information throughout the monograph that explain what the nurse can do to ensure patient safety
- "Do not confuse with" and "Do not crush, break, or chew" caution statements highlighted to support safe practice
- Information on how to prevent administration errors, detect dosing and dispensing errors, and detect or prevent adverse drug reactions (ADR)s.
- Explanations on how to administer medication safely by all routes
SPECIAL APP FEATURES:
Locate a disease, symptom or medication in the fastest possible manner:
- Use "Spotlight Search" from Home screen
- Tap and Hold launch icon to open Last Topic, History, Favorites
- Navigate using multiple indices
- History to open frequently visited pages
NEVER FORGET ANYTHING:
Mark topics with relevant information:
- Rich-text notes
- Voice memos
- Annotations with scribble, doodle or text
You choose the method to note this regardless of the context you are in to ensure that the important facts are available whenever you access the topic, whether it is tomorrow or six months from now.