- Traditionally manual systems were used that rely on highly skilled people laboriously adding up paper cards which have times stamped onto them using a time stamping machine such as the Bundy Clock. Time stamping machines were used for over a century but have since been phased out and replaced with cheaper automated systems which eliminate the need for payroll staff to manually input employee hours.
- Modern automated time and attendance systems simply require employees to touch or swipe to identify themselves and record their working hours as they enter or leave the work area. Originally this consisted of using a RFID electronic tag or a barcode badge but these have been replaced by Daily Report App. Daily Report App offer additional benefits over traditional manual systems which include.
- Faster processing of employees as attendance can be recorded with just one touch.
- It can produce a report that can be downloaded or printed in future
- Improves punctuality and reduces long breaks and absenteeism
- A Daily Report App is a way for save your time and eliminate the frustrations of a manual process.
Prevent human error in bookkeeping.
- Nobody is perfect, not even if they have a calculator, spreadsheet or other computation device handy. Even the most accurate typist makes one mistake for every 300 keystrokes. One misplaced digit or decimal can lead to accounting errors that need to be corrected, or worse, are left uncorrected and can affect your bottom line negatively.
- Human error in memory recall. Buddy punching or knowingly clocking in before starting to work is one thing. Asking employees to recall exactly when they started and finished work, not to mention accounting for breaks, lunches and other lapses; or conversely, when they started working overtime, can be an exercise in futility. Even reporting work hours multiple times a week often only leads to a somewhat accurate timesheet, according to a report by AffinityLive.
- Spend less time and resources on paperwork.
- Merely sorting through, organizing and processing paperwork can be time-consuming. Additionally, the cost of replenishing the items needed to maintain an old time and attendance system, paper, pens/pencils, printer ink and toner, etc. can be prohibitive in the long run.