DJ Player is more than just another iOS DJ app--providing additional tools that others in the same genre do not, and making it possible to create a number of effects on your iOS device. While the full suite of tools can create an intimidating series of menus on your phone's screen, those who master the controls can create some truly impressive tracks.
Unlike other apps in the genre, DJ Player starts on the music loading screen, which to be honest, makes a lot more sense. Drawing from your Music App (though it will not load anything in iCloud or that has DRM on it), the app works quickly and efficiently to load music into your mixing booth so you can mix it to your heart's content. The first time you see the interface, if you're not a trained DJ, you may be a bit overwhelmed, but all of the options are clearly labeled and fairly easy to use. The results can be varied of course, as is the case with any musical instrument; but with recording and playback options, you can practice and improve your sounds with time. It's a very well designed system in that way.
DJ Player has many of the same limitations of other mixing apps, but it also goes beyond them, providing what could easily become a portable digital lab for musicians and producers testing out new sounds. It obviously cannot replace a studio but it does a fair job of providing enough options for those who are dabbling to create some amazing sounds.
- Search in the iOS Music Library is now performed on comments, album artist, genre, grouping and composer as well.
- If the same track is loaded on multiple players simultaneously, changes in cue points/loops are copied immediately.
- Loop exit functionality removed from the CUE button.
- MIDI CUE LED lights up when the current position is on the current cue point. Blinks if "Pioneer CUE" setting is enabled and a new position can be stored.
- Current key is updated when key lock is off and tempo is changed.
- Arrive 1 beat before perfect beat-jump is fixed.
- Fixed syncing for loops not starting on the beatgrid.
- Fixed audio artifact when keylock switches on/off (pitch bend, etc.).
- Moving tracks in the queue is fixed (grab and move with the artwork).
- MP4 video support (audio will be played).