Watching out for COVID means watching out for each other.
CovidWatcher is a research tool built by Columbia University. More information about CovidWatcher at covidwatcher.org
The information gathered through the app will help prepare cities, hospitals, and community organizations in their response to the pandemic. It will help identify the next COVID-19 hot spots or which resources are needed in which neighborhood.
Your answers contribute to insights we return through online, interactive maps that visualize in an anonymous and aggregated way the pandemics evolution in different neighborhoods.
How this study works:
- You will be able to join the study after signing a consent form in the app.
- We will ask you to answer a few profile questions (for instance, your age, race and ethnicity).
- We will ask you to answer daily or weekly surveys about your health status, your emotional wellbeing, and a range of other aspects of your daily life, such as your employment status and resources you need access to.
- You can view online interactive dashboards that show the pandemics evolution through time at covidwatcher.org
- All information the app collects is kept private and secure. Answers to surveys are kept separate from any identifiable information.
Who is eligible to participate?
- Adults (individuals 18 years and older)
Who is running this study?
The study is a partnership at Columbia University between the Department of Biomedical Informatics, the Division of Infectious Diseases in the Department of Medicine, the Urban