Weapon and Powerup timer for Halo: Combat Evolved.
- Timing - Keeps track of Rockets, Camo, Overshield, and Sniper, in all Halo 1 multiplayer maps.
- Voice of Cortana - Just like those nostalgic campaign missions, rely on Cortana's guidance as you set up for the next powerup.
- Dark Theme - Sporting a neon perimeter that changes color on a 2-minute cycle. Seeing orange or red in your peripheral vision? You're approaching an odd minute. Blue/purple indicates an even minute.
- Audio Cues - Vocal powerup announcements 15-10 seconds before each minute, with additional subtle cues for off-minute items, such as the Camo in Rat Race or Derelict's CTF Rocket.
- Time Shift - Move the time forward or back in increments of 1, 10, or 60 seconds, even while the timer is running! Great for fine-tuning if you started it too early or late. Drag your finger laterally on the +1 or -1 to see additional increments.
- Map Switching - Started with the wrong map chosen? No problem, just touch the top bar to open the list and pick a different one. No changes will interrupt the timer. Cortana will announce the appropriate powerups for whatever you have selected, at any point in time.
- Muting Powerups - Don't care to hear about Chill Out's sniper rifle every 30 seconds, but want the reminder on Blood Gulch? In the map list, tap to disable any powerup and your preferences will be remembered. Don't want to hear ANY powerups? Touch the same map again to deselect it. Cortana will still countdown the seconds to each minute.
- Auto-rotation - Supports all orientations allowed by your phone, including Portrait, Portrait Upside Down (on some devices), and Landscape Left/Right.
- Halo Platforms - Time the powerups in the original "Halo: Combat Evolved", released by Bungie in 2001, as well as "The Master Chief Collection" by 343 Industries, and the community driven "PC Edition."
- Favorite Maps - Don't like scrolling? Long press on any map to "star" it, and then toggle these favorites on and off by touching the main star in the middle of the settings screen.
- Live Updates - Maps and times are stored on a web server, which can be adjusted in the event of DLC, new custom maps, or any timing modifications on any platform, all without updating the app. A simple close and reopen of the app while connected to a network will sync any database updates. You can even do this while the timer is running, and it will keep the appropriate time on the clock when it is launched again.
- Local Storage - The latest sync is stored locally, so you don't need a continuous internet connection to use the timer.
- App State - Selected map, platform, and favorites will be saved when you close the app. If the timer was paused, the same time will be on the clock next time you open it. If it was running, it will show the correct amount of elapsed time since you last pressed play, even if it was days ago (the timer loops every hour). This is all true even if you reboot your phone!
This app was designed to be simple, effective, helpful, and fun. That being said, please reach out if you have problems or suggestions, and I'll do my best to help improve your experience.
Cortimer was created under Microsoft's "Game Content Usage Rules" (https://www.xbox.com/en-us/developers/rules) using assets from Halo: Combat Evolved and Cortana (Windows), and it is not endorsed by or affiliated with Microsoft.