Coffee With a Christian is a ministry with the goal of fostering opportunities for friendly, honest and open conversations about God in the Washington, DC area.
Our goal isn't to force anyone to accept our beliefs, but rather have a Christian available for conversations on all topics. We want to hear from you and learn from your story as much as we want to share our stories. Our hope for you is to engage in a candid dialogue where you can talk about all aspects of faith and walk away with greater understanding of your own spirituality and Christian faith. We hope to provide an opportunity to walk further in your own faith, and a free cup of coffee.
We do this because:
1. We believe the best and most positive way to change the world is to encourage deep and personal relationships with Jesus Christ.
3. We realize it is difficult to walk into a church.
4. We believe the digital culture is largely un-reached by Christians.
5. We recognize Christians have a reputation of being arrogant, pushy, argumentative, or hard to approach.
6. We believe the Good News about Jesus is worth sharing but it is difficult to know who might be interested.
7. Many social relationship are moving online.
8. We can overcome these communication barriers by connecting people face to face for a meaningful conversation over a cup of coffee in a public setting.
We believe the following doctrine
1. There is only one God--Isaiah 43:10; 44:6, 8; John 17:3; 1 Cor. 8:5-6; Gal. 4:8-9
2. Jesus is God--John 1:1, 14; 10:30-33; 20:28; Col. 2:9; Phil. 2:5-8; Heb. 1:8
3. The Holy Spirit is God--Acts 5:3-4
4. The Bible is God breathed and perfect --2 Tim. 3:16
5. God created Man - Genesis 1:27: 2:7; 22
6. Sin separates us from God -- Isaiah 59:2
7. Salvation is a free gift of God -- Rom. 4:5; 6:23;
8. Every believer is sanctified or set apart unto God by the death of the Lord Jesus Christ. John 17:17, 19; Acts 20:32