WHAT IS CLOCK YOURSELF?
Clock Yourself challenges you to think on your feet.
It involves exercise for your body and your brain, at the same time.
Every challenge will stimulate your brain in a different way.
You don't have to master one challenge before you can explore another challenge.
Some call this an exercise app.
Some call this a brain games app.
Why can't it be both?!
WHO CAN USE CLOCK YOURSELF?
Clock Yourself exercises involve stepping on a circle that you visualise beneath your feet. It's perfect for exercise at home.
Athletes often modify Clock Yourself exercises outdoors for sport-specific agility drills, by visualising a much larger circle and running between the coordinates.
Similarly, people who are unable to walk can modify Clock Yourself to practise reaching with their arms, or wheelchair agility!
If you think you're too slow to use Clock Yourself, you're probably wrong.
If you think you're too fit to use Clock Yourself, you're definitely wrong!
WHY DID WE MAKE CLOCK YOURSELF?
The Clock Yourself concept originated in neurological rehabilitation. Now anyone can use it to exercise at home and harness their neuroplasticity.
It was developed by Australian physiotherapist @MegLowryPT and software developer Dave Wallace, with input from people with a variety of abilities.
We had 5 goals:
1. Make it fun - Clock Yourself exercises are so entertaining that you'll show your friends at parties!
2. Make it versatile - Both the stepping speed and the cognitive complexity are in your control.
3. Make it evidence based - This is a volitional step training method. Volitional stepping trains faster steps in all directions to improve your chances of catching yourself during a fall.
4. Make it portable - There is no need to set up mats, wires or sensors. It also works offline. It only requires internet for your initial download from the App Store.
5. Make it affordable - This is a once off purchase for pocket change. It has no recurring subscriptions and no advertisements.
IS CLOCK YOURSELF AVAILABLE IN OTHER LANGUAGES?
Yes and no.
At this stage, all of the buttons and instructions are in English only.
However, if you click the Options button within each challenge (except for the Simple Colours challenge) you can choose to play the audio prompts in six other languages.
What are you waiting for? Go ahead and Clock Yourself!
"A person who never made a mistake never tried anything new" - Albert Einstein
EXPLANATION OF APP PERMISSIONS
When you install Clock Yourself, the Google Play app store requests that you give us certain permissions.
The permissions are requested for these specific purposes:
Storage - Clock Yourself requests this permission to save your activity log to your device.
Your activity log counts how many steps you've done with Clock Yourself and how many minutes you exercised for etc. The app asks permission to access your storage so that your activity log data can be kept on your phone's storage, rather than storing it on the internet.
Network Access - Clock Yourself requests this permission so it can access your device's internet connection if you choose to send your activity log file to an email address of your choosing.