Clinical Companion for Ignatavicius, Workman, and Rebars Medical-Surgical Nursing: Interprofessional Collaborative Care, 9th Edition, is an A-Z, easy-to-use guide to more than 250 common medical-surgical conditions and their management. Written in a reader-friendly, direct-address style, this convenient tool is perfect for helping you out on clinical days in school and in practice. This edition features a unique focus on the concepts and exemplars found in the Ignatavicius textbook, along with updated content throughout that cross-references to the main text. With a streamlined collaborative care format, complete with new QSEN highlights and a reorganized Concepts in Medical-Surgical Nursing section, it will quickly become your favorite bedside reference.
New to this Edition
NEW! Updated content matches the 9th edition of the Ignatavicius textbook for a reliably seamless reference and study experience.
- NEW and UNIQUE! Additional focus on concept exemplars reflects the new conceptual focus of the Ignatavicius textbook and includes cross-references to refer you to relevant exemplar disorders.
- NEW and UNIQUE! A Concepts for Interprofessional Collaborative Care section (Part One) reflects the emphasis on nursing concepts in the Ignatavicius textbook and provides you with a quick reference to essential concepts needed for effective nursing practice.
- NEW and UNIQUE! Interprofessional focus added to remind you to coordinate care with other health professionals.
- NEW! Cross-references to the Ignatavicius textbook point you to detailed coverage of each concept or disorder.
- UNIQUE! Consistent collaborative care format mirrors that of the Ignatavicius textbook to more effectively prepare you for clinical days.
- UNIQUE! Nursing Safety Priorities (Drug Alert, Critical Rescue, and Action Alert) reinforce critical safety measures at the bedside and mirror those in the Ignatavicius textbook.
- A-Z synopses of more than 250 diseases and disorders, along with related collaborative care, serve as both a quick reference for clinical days and a study resource for -diseases/disorders and related collaborative care.
- QSEN highlights each focus on one or more of the six core QSEN competencies (Patient-- Centered Care, Teamwork & Collaboration, Evidence-Based Practice, Quality Improvement, Safety, and Informatics) to help you understand how to apply QSEN competencies for safe patient care.