Our free Chiltern Railways app helps make journey planning, accessing the latest travel information and buying your tickets even easier.
This release features improved live train times functionality with live train progress.
Its simple and secure to purchase your Chiltern Railways e-ticket through the app, download to your phone and use for your next journey. And if youre planning to travel on another UK rail network, you can buy your ticket on the Chiltern app too. Just purchase the same way and print a paper ticket at your preferred station.
And when you buy train tickets through our app, well never charge you a credit card, debit card or booking fee. So, its goodbye pesky queues at the ticket office. And hello cheapest Chiltern fares around!
Download and register the Chiltern Railways app to:
- Always find the cheapest fares available in your search results
- Get an instant e-ticket for many Chiltern Railway journeys, saving time at stations
- Enjoy fee-free fares. You wont ever pay credit card, debit card or booking fees when you book direct from Chiltern
- Group save bookings for three or more customers can be purchased via the app
- Quickly find your recent journeys in our new My Account section, where your details are securely maintained in the app for quick and easy repurchasing
- Get up-to-the-minute updates on your train status with live departure boards and platform numbers
- Purchase tickets for any UK train journey and collect them at your chosen station with a self-service ticket machine.
Getting your ticket
E-tickets may look like a humble barcode but when theyre stored in your apps Booking section, they become the quick and easy way to travel you can even use them if your smartphone is offline.
Picking up tickets from a ticket machine
If you plan to pick up your tickets from a ticket machine, you'll need your reference numbers which are stored in the bookings section to view at any time.
Using your Smartcard
Request a new Smartcard through the app when making your next ticket purchase. We will then send you your Smartcard in the post. You may then load the ticket onto the Smartcard at the gate, or via the app.