CheckMySpecs is indeed very easy use: Clicking one button labeled Collect the Data populated a compact interface tabbed with fields for Basic Data, CPU Information, Graphics, Currently Running, Installed Applications, and Misc Data. Once the fields are filled, you can click a button to share the data. With great trepidation, we pressed this button, expecting to see a page that let us review the data and decide Yea or Nay to post it, like nearly every other Web site that involves posting data collected on you or your PC. And our concerns were justified because the next thing we saw was our data posted on the Internet, with a unique ID that we could use to retrieve the stats or share them with others. CheckMySpecs' opaque app also caused an unhandled exception when we ran it again: Not an encouraging sign.
Many PC enthusiasts like to post and share the performance and hardware on the many public forums dedicated to the topic. It's not difficult to do, especially if you have a geekish or tweakish background. CheckMySpecs makes it entirely too easy. Some opt-in and opt-out choices, firmer security assurances, and the ability to exclude some data might help. Until then, check your specs at the door, and use CheckMySpecs at your own risk.
Check My Specs is a light, free and simple software tool for Windows Os that checks with a click you PC techinal specifications and if you want you can share them online.You will get a unique Spec ID and you will have your own online spec page to compare or share your pc specs with others. The Spec ID is unique and can be used to access, share , compare you pc specs and much more . Check the latest soft updates, widgets, gadgets on the website. Check My Specs has been tested on Windows XP, Vista and Windows 7 and is a very light application, making is extremely easy and quick to to use.
- Light Windows Free Software.
- Check your computer's specs at the click of a button (under 5 seconds).
- Compare your computer techinal performance with others.
- See other shared specs on Top 50 Specs and recent specs.
- Obtain a Spec ID and your own specs page : shareable and unique.
- Use data to solve issues, upgrades, or what software can run.
- Have CheckMySpecs on your blog, pages or iGoogle with the CheckMySpecs Gadget.
- Add the checkmyspecs gadget on your Browser Google Toolbar.
- Always Free to use.
- The first site to bring computer specs online, easy sharebale and comparable.