Welcome to the Catholic Medical Conscience App! This is the ethics application of the Catholic Medical Association (with ecclesial approval). This app is made for health care professionals who want help learning and applying the intellectual Tradition of the Catholic Church in the health care setting. We hope this will support you by:
- Translating. Do you ever get lost in philosophical or theological jargon? This will help you by communicating ethical dilemmas in a clinical, not philosophical, language and context.
- Guiding. What do you think about Plan B? This will help you decide (for yourself) what you think is right concerning open questions in the Church.
- Organizing. Have you ever thought that a situation just didnt feel right yet didnt know how to fully consider it? In each clinical scenario, this will ask you the most important question to systematically guide you through an ethical dilemma.
- Referring. Have you wanted to read more about the Catholic position on an ethical dilemma but did not know where to start? This will link you to specific paragraphs of specific documents for immediate reading of a precise primary resource.
- Elaborating. Have you spent hours reading about certain dilemmas? This will cut to the chase on each prompt, and it will only elaborate when you select see comments.
- Coaching. What do you say to patients asking if embryo adoption is okay? This will equip the provider to guide patients through open questions.