This app offers the combined version of Buddhism Dictionary.
It includes over 2200 entries on the history and doctrines of the major Buddhist schools, information on the spread of Buddhism in Asia and the West, and coverage of issues of contemporary concern such as human rights, abortion, euthanasia, and the role of women in Buddhist teachings, a chronology of important dates, a guide to canonical scriptures.
Beliefs, doctrines, major teachers and scholars, place names, and artifacts are all covered in a clear and concise style.
It is an invaluable source for anyone seeking information on Buddhism, from students of religion and related disciplines to practicing Buddhists.
- Create your own list
Write a note
- Write a note for each entry
- Tap note button to review all notes
- Search an entry by its name or its meaning. You can find all entries that discuss important topics such as "love", "life", "death"
- In Detailed screen, long-press any term and tap look up to look for wikipedia article
- Long-press any term and tap look up to look for its definition
- Long-press any term and tap look up to search for illustrations
Others features include:
- Easy navigation
- Bookmark an entry
- Search an entry
- Multiple choice quiz
If you want to suggest new feature or report an issue, please use the feedback feature in the app. Thank you!