In order to support the success of all Chandler Unified School District (CUSD) students, the departments of Equity & Inclusion and Counseling & Social Services will host the inaugural summer educational equity symposium - Breaking Barriers for Excellence. This two-day event seeks to build the capacity of faculty and staff. Members of the CUSD community will explore:
* Culturally relevant pedagogy
* Suicide awareness and prevention
* Adverse Childhood Experiences (ACEs)
* Implicit and unconscious bias
* Collaboration between schools and communities, and
* A host of socio-emotional-learning and instructional strategies.
The professional development will allow faculty and staff to be immersed in learning with the goal of transforming CUSD in meeting our Journey 2025 strategic plan. The two-day symposium invites thought leaders (national and local) and CUSD faculty to create a space for "courageous conversations". The space will allow educators to build a deeper understanding of our diverse learning community, explore best practices in meeting the varied learning needs of our students, and fulfill the promise to our parents.