Biochemistry Exam Flashcards
Biochemistry, sometimes called biological chemistry, is the study of chemical processes within and relating to living organisms. Biochemistry is closely related to molecular biology, the study of the molecular mechanisms by which genetic information encoded in DNA is able to result in the processes of life.
- The Biochemistry Certificate program is intended primarily for postbaccalaureate or non-degree-seeking students as recognition of excellence in their focused interdisciplinary study in biochemistry. The Certificate is awarded by the University of Colorado Denver Chemistry Department beginning in the Fall of 2013.
- The Biochemistry Certificate is offered by the American Society for Biochemistry and Molecular Biology.
Exam content outline:
-Primarily free response format (little or no multiple choice), 60 minutes long.
- Emphases overarching concepts, critical thinking skills, and the ability to synthesize
responses rather than retrieve facts.
- Contains twelve to fourteen questions covering four core content areas:
1. Energy is Required by and Transformed in Biological Systems.
2. Macromolecular Structure Determines Function and Regulation.
3. Information Storage and Flow Are Dynamic and Interactive.
4. Discovery Requires Objective Measurement, Quantitative Analysis, & Clear Communication.
Enjoy the app and pass your Biochemistry, University of Colorado Denver Chemistry Department , American Society for Biochemistry exam effortlessly!
All organizational and test names are trademarks of their respective owners. This application is an educational tool for self-study and exam preparation. It's not affiliated with or endorsed by any testing organization, certificate, test name or trademark.