BioBusiness Summer School is a five-day live online course for academics who are contemplating about a career switch to industry and young professionals in their first industry jobs. This course will help you to jumpstart your career in the Life Sciences industry. During the five day program you will learn basic knowledge of main business topics, such as product development, intellectual property rights, business models and finance. You will also gain insight in the world of Life Sciences companies, hear from leading business people and exchange with like-minded international participants.
By the end of the course, participants will:
- Have a clear overview of the opportunities and challenges within the life sciences industry
- Be able to describe the process of product development and the challenges that might be faced
- Have gained insight into the purpose, use, legal and regulatory aspects of intellectual property rights and how to obtain them.
- Be able to discuss various types of business models in life sciences industry and link organisations to these business models.
- Have gained insight into the concept of financial statements, costs and revenue allocations, budgeting and forecasting.
- Have expanded their business network in life sciences.
- Have gained insight into what career opportunities there are in industry
Subjects tailored to the Life Sciences industry:
- Academia to Industry
- Business Models
- Harvard-style Business Case
- Patents & Licenses
- Personal Development
- Product Development
Participants of the BioBusiness Summer School will receive a certificate of attendance.