Located in Beaverton, OR, Bilal Masjid came into existence in 1994 to address the needs for the burgeoning Muslim population. It's missions is:
1) Establishing congregational prayers and carry out other religious activities that are open fully to men, women and children.
2) Practicing principles of moderation, tolerance, inclusiveness and conflict avoidance within the structural limits of the Quran and Sunnah in order to create unity among Muslims.
3) Arranging educational programs for all members of the family.
4) Promoting joint action among Muslim organizations of the Greater Portland and Northwest Oregon areas.
5) Developing mutual understanding with and among non-Muslims in order to communicate effectively the principles of Islam to them.