Download the free Belfast Go Explore app and immerse yourself in an incredible virtual reality journey through Belfast.
The app is viewable with or without a Google Cardboard or other virtual reality viewer. It's compatible with a range of smartphones but we recommend using a Samsung Galaxy S5, S6, S7 or Alpha for the best viewing experience.
Experience a 360 virtual tour around the citys top attractions including:
- Titanic Belfast - the worlds largest Titanic visitor experience.
- Crumlin Road Gaol - 19th century prison which has witnessed 150 years of imprisonment, conflict and executions.
- Belfast City Hall - A centrepiece on Belfasts skyline with a fascinating history and stunning architecture.
- Murals - From political themes to local heroes, these colourful wall murals are an integral part of Belfasts modern history.
- Giants Causeway - A magnificent and mysterious geological formation, and a UNESCO World Heritage Site.
- St Georges Market One of the top indoor markets in the UK and Ireland, selling a range of fresh food, quality local arts, quirky crafts and unique antiques.
- Botanic Gardens - The beautiful gardens are home to Belfasts Victorian Palm House and Tropical Ravine.
Explore a CGI world through various hotspots in the app and learn more about Belfast:
- The Troubles
Belfasts famous peace walls separate the citys nationalist and loyalist communities where they come within touching distance of each other. The walls were necessary lines of defence during the conflict known as The Troubles. Northern Ireland has moved on since then and is now an internationally respected example of how lasting peace and reconciliation are possible.
The worlds most famous ship, RMS Titanic was built in Belfast over 100 years ago and, at the time of her launch, she was the largest man-made object on the planet.
- Game of Thrones
The world-renowned HBO Game of Thrones TV series is filmed in Belfasts Titanic Studios and if you head south out of the city, youll discover the filming locations for Winterfell, Robb Starcks Camp and The Haunted Forest. Journey north and you can explore The Kings Road or perhaps even experience a cliff-edge drama on The Iron Islands.
- Belfasts People
Its the ordinary people of Belfast that give the city its unique character. These are the witty, chatty and friendly locals, each keen to share their story.
For more information on Belfast, visit http://www.visitbelfast.com
Follow Visit Belfast on Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/visitbelfast
Follow Visit Belfast on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/visitbelfastcity
Troubles imagery Victor Patterson
Titanic Studios imagery Northern Ireland Screen