Nobody lives their lives with the expectation that a natural disaster such as an earthquake or fire or hurricane will affect them yet being prepared for these types of disasters is just as important as looking after your finances or being prepared in case you get sick.
It is important to be properly prepared in the event of a disaster. Below are some steps to follow so that you can be well informed and on top of the risks and dangers to your area.
1. Know what type of disasters plague your community and base your
disaster plan on that.
2. Know if your community has a warning system. If yes, can you
recognize it at any given minute?
3. Think of the people who cannot fend for themselves and who should
take care of them during calamities (the elderly, disabled individuals, even
4. Set a place where your entire family could meet in case your home
caves in or is destroyed by a disaster. Have a plan A and plan B.
5. Have escape routes. Do not limit it to just one. Have at least two.
These are just some recommendations we suggest you be familiar with so that in the event of an emergency you are not scrambling. We have included many more recommendations inside our Basic Survival Guide.
Other items included in our Guide:
Creating a Disaster Plan for your family
Helping Your Children in a Crises
Watch or warning
How to create a support system
Safety Proofing Your Home
And much, much, more
Download your Free Copy of Basic Survival Guide today and be on your way to being properly informed on how to look after yourself and your family in the event of a disaster.