BackUpByte can backup your important files to multiple locations on a given schedule, compress your files, encrypt your files, and restore everything seamlessly. Hard drive crashes, viruses and other data-erasing disasters can happen any time. If you don't have backups you can lose irreplaceable data like digital photos, business files, tax records, and other important information. It's not good enough to make backup copies of important files, you need to place them in a different location than the original files. That way, if your hard drive fails, you can retrieve your important files from a network drive, backup drive, FTP account, or even a web based email account.
* Incremental Backup option and GMail compatibility.
* Backup to a local folder, local drive, local area network, remote share, email address, or FTP server.
* Backup entire drives, folders, or individual files. * Schedule backups daily, weekly or monthly. * Runs silently in the background.
* Include or exclude certain file types.
* Compress files using the ZIP format.
* Encrypt files using Blowfish encryption.
* Rotate backup locations, or backup to many locations all at once.
* Can timestamp backups, allowing you to retain multiple backup versions.
* Can delete older backups to conserve space.
* Works with any FTP account, and almost any email account that is compatible with Microsoft Outlook (including free online email services).