The Drivers Guide is a vehicle-specific* Owner's Manual for selected BMW models**.When using this system for the first time, you require an Internet connection. After you enter the vehicle identification number (VIN), the Owner's Manual for your vehicle is downloaded and is subsequently available without an Internet connection. Multiple vehicles can be managed within the Drivers Guide.You can acquaint yourself with the features of your vehicle by reading the full Owner's Manual, searching by picture, or viewing the explanatory videos. The more familiar you are with your vehicle, the better control you will have on the road.
Depending on the vehicle, either all of the following content or a selection thereof will be available:
- The full Owner's Manual.
- Quick Reference.
- A search by topic.
- A search by picture to find features.
- Explanatory animations.
- Solutions to particular situations based on Quicklinks.
- Explanations of the warning and indicator lamps.
- Answers to frequently asked questions (FAQ).
*Depending on the model and model year.
**The Drivers Guide is available for:
- BMW 1 Series, partially as of model year 2012, fully as of 2015
- BMW 2 Series models
- BMW 3 Series, partially as of model year 2012, fully as of 2014
- BMW 4 Series models
- BMW 5 Series, partially as of model year 2010, fully as of 2011
- BMW 6 Series, partially as of model year 2012, fully as of 2013
- BMW 7 Series as of model year 2009
- BMW 8 Series as of model year 2018
- BMW X models, partially as of model year 2011, fully as of 2014
- BMW Z4 as of model year 2009
- BMW M models, partially as of model year 2013, fully as of 2014
More information can be found in the additional brochures of the onboard literature.BMW wishes you a safe and enjoyable drive.