New megatrends and complexity increase in vehicle architecture require automotive & transportation engineers to shorten development times and validate sub-systems quickly and more effectively. For these purposes, STMicroelectronics has brought rapid prototyping in the automotive environment with AutoDevKit initiative.
AutoDevKit is composed by well defined and well encapsulated hardware and software components that make it possible to create applications just by combining existing items. All operations are hosted in a professional IDE based on Eclipse and named SPC5-Studio. In the same common environment, you have the possibility to evaluate single products and/or evaluate interactions between products. The available toolchain is complete; therefore, it is also possible to transform the prototype into a real product.
With this APP, you will be able to browse all existing AutoDevKit components and combine them to run on a specific microcontroller. The AutoDevKit Explorer APP is able to generate the project and send it to an email address you specify. The project received can be downloaded and imported in SPC5-Studio.
When downloading your project, it is also possible to request to your email a cart with all the boards included in your project so to be able to purchase all the hardware in one shot.
Together with being a constant online and portable reference, the AutoDevKit Explorer APP allows to request support and to read latest news about the initiative.
Key points of generated AutoDevKit projects:
- Modify as many times as you want by adding and removing components.
- Automatic MCU pin allocation solving potential hardware conflicts.
- Change among the MCU supported without having to recode your application.
- Auto-generated infographics of required connections among boards.
- Hardware-independent driver APIs.
- Optional support of freeRTOS.
- Support of different compilers: free gcc, Hightec, Green Hills.
- Eclipse third-party plugins are supported.
- A large set of applications and examples are available.