What is an Atom Smasher?
Atom Smasher is an older, popular name for a Particle Accelerator. They use Electromagnetic Fields to accelerate charged particles like protons/electrons to high energies, nearly at light speed.
It re-creates conditions that existed during the first billionth of a second after the BIG BANG at the birth of the universe.
The Large Hadron Collider (LHC) is by far the most powerful particle accelerator built to date.
- Smash Protons together to create new sub-atomic particles
- Learn about the Basics of Particle Physics
- Learn how Particle Accelerator/Atom Smasher works
- Discover the Quantum Nature of our Universe
- Discover Particles which make up everything in this Universe
- Enter the Strange World of Quantum Physics and learn about the forces which govern our Universe.