Asten CityApp is an info application administered by the Cityhall of Asten that is dedicated to the Asten city area, federal state of Upper Austria, in Austria.
It is aimed at both locals and tourists with various interests that are offered detailed information on most attractive POIs and events in the area, as well as on existing local services (accommodation, restaurants, bars, shops, cultural and leisure activities as well as governmental and health institutions) or local news (city hall press reports).
The content is updated real-time and is continuously subject to improving in order to provide accurate and relevant info.
The current version of the Asten CityApp contains the following themes:
- Accommodation: places in Asten city that offer accommodation to tourists;
- Citizen Services: institutions and places that offer different kind of public services;
- Culture & Leisure: places in and around Asten that offer cultural and leisure activities;
- Health & Beauty: places in and around Asten that provide health and beauty services;
- Events Calendar: events that take place in Asten city area;
- Food & Drink: places in Asten that serve food and drinks;
- Press Report: news that can be found on the City Hall website;
- Public transportation: an overview network of public transportation in the city of Asten;
- Shopping: places in Asten where different kind of goods can be bought;
All POIs contain relevant information (photos, text, address, telephone and cell phone number with the possibility to call using the call function of the device, email address with the possibility to send a message using the email function of the device, website, opening hours, location of the POIs shown on Google maps, routing options)
Alphabetical and by distance sorting options are implemented. Also, various filtering options are available, according to the type of POIs.
Language switch is available (German, English) directly from the application.
GPS is used for routing to the POIs from the current location of the user using the Google routing.