Alliance for Saving Mothers and Newborn (ASMAN) is an initiative for effectively driving the use of evidence-based best practices that reduces early maternal and newborn mortality by leveraging technology. The key stakeholders of this initiative are Government of Madhya Pradesh and Rajasthan. This project is being piloted in four districts each of Madhya Pradesh and Rajasthan with support from Reliance Foundation, Tata Trusts, MSD for Mothers, Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation and USAID. Jhpiego is the lead implementation agency. The technology partner for ASMAN application is Avalon Information Systems and the gamification partner is Bodhi Foundation.
ASMAN 'Intrapartum Monitoring and Decision Support Tool'
This tablet based application has following salient features:
- Real time data entry on digitized maternity case sheets
- On-the-job decision support to service providers through alerts and reminders
- Integrated clinical rules for identification of high risk cases and e-partograph for monitoring the progress of labour
- Real time sharing of information/notifications with doctors remotely for monitoring and decisions making
- Real time sharing of referral information with referral facilities
- System generated analytics to aid facility, district and state level managers in monitoring and supervision. Auto generated ffacility, district and state level dashboards and reports
- 24 X 7 need based support from remote support center for case management and referral coordination
- Self-directed learning platform such as ASMAN Complication Management Game, Safe Delivery App and e-learning content
- Print feature for case sheets and reports
The ASMAN application has six modules
Case Management: Digitized case sheet (admission notes, e-partogram, delivery notes, post-delivery monitoring, post-natal care, discharge slip, referral slip, events section, safe childbirth checklists) with integrated clinical rules from admission till discharge.
Dashboard and reports: System generated dashboards and reports for respective health facility and aggregations at district and state for managers.
E- learning content: All the Government of India modules, guidelines and tutorials in form of audio, video, or readable content.
ASMAN Complication Management Game by Bodhi Foundation: Scenario based game on intrapartum and immediate postpartum complication management for developing critical thinking skills of health workers around safe child delivery.
Safe Delivery App by Maternity Foundation: Direct and instant access to evidence-based and up-to-date clinical guidelines on Basic Emergency Obstetric and Neonatal Care.
Remote Support Center: 24 X 7 availability of obstetricians and senior nurse for support. The remote support center will have access to all the cases registered into the system within a state. The health workers of various health facilities in need of assistance will contact the remote support as and when required.