The American Fisheries Society (AFS) is the worlds oldest and largest organization dedicated to strengthening the fisheries profession, advancing fisheries science, and conserving fisheries resources.
AFS publishes five prestigious peer-reviewed journals for fisheries professionals: Transactions of the American Fisheries Society, AFSs most recognized scientific journal, featuring papers on basic fisheries science; North American Journal of Fisheries Management, covering management research, experiences, and recommendations; North American Journal of Aquaculture, providing guidance for those who breed and raise aquatic animals; Journal of Aquatic Animal Health, focusing on health maintenance and disease treatment; and Marine and Coastal Fisheries, focusing on marine, coastal, and estuarine fisheries. Additionally, AFS publishes a monthly magazine, Fisheries, featuring peer-reviewed technical articles on all aspects of aquatic resource-related subjects, as well as professional issues, new ideas and approaches, education, economics, administration, and law. Issues contain features, essays, AFS news, current events, book reviews, editorials, letters, job notices, and chapter activities.
With the AFS Journals app, enjoy AFS publications on the go with new features, including:
- Stay current with the latest articles through Early View
- Receive alerts when new issues are available
- Download articles and issues for offline perusal
- Save your favorite articles for quick and easy access, including offline
- Browse issues before you decide to download them
- Dynamic References show references in context
- Full screen figure and table viewer
- Link to compatible supporting information for articles
- Share article abstracts and link via email
- Share figures or tables via email
- Access your personal or institutional subscription on your device (both current and back issues)
CURRENT SUBSCRIBERS to American Fisheries Society can pair their device with their personal or institutional subscription to enjoy full access in this iPad edition.
SUBSCRIBE IN THE APP:
for $ (US) per year includes:
- Marine and Coastal Fisheries: Dynamics, Management, and Ecosystem Science (6 issues) for mobile only edition
- Transactions of the American Fisheries Society (6 issues) for mobile only edition
- Journal of Aquatic Animal Health (4 issues) for mobile only edition
- North American Journal of Fisheries Management (6 issues) for mobile only edition
- North American Journal of Aquaculture (4 issues) for mobile only edition
- Fisheries (12 issues) for mobile only edition
Payment is charged to your iTunes account after confirmation of purchase. Subscriptions automatically renew within 24 hours of the end of your subscription unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24 hours before the end of the subscription period. To turn off auto-renew, go to your iTunes account settings after purchase. Note that subscriptions cannot be cancelled during the term of the subscription, but you can still turn off auto-renew to prevent automatic renewal of your subscription. Note that any unused portion of a free trial period, if offered, will be forfeited when you purchase a subscription.