This review for Approved Medication Administration Personnel (AMAP) includes more than 100 questions.
SELECTED CORE COMPETENCY: LEADERSHIP, PROFESSIONALISM AND SELF-DEVELOPMENT
EXPLANATION OF RATIONALE FOR THE SELECTED COMPETENCY: One of the main duties of the Direct Support Professionals (DSPs) is to successfully complete the OPWDD class and subsequently pass three errorless "pourings" before being certified as an AMAP (Approved Medication Administration Personnel).
GOAL OF THE PROJECT: The aims of the project are two-fold: a. assist DSPs to successfully complete the AMAP certification b. Continue professional development.
After using this app, the users will be able to:
1. Explain the tenets of medication administration
2. Verbalize the responsibilities of AMAP certification
3. Describe the common medications, side effects
4. Analyze the responsibilities of administering medication
5. Perform measurement of vital signs
6. Identify the common abbreviations used in the medical field
Medication Administration, Student manual
2001 edition by the Work Force Development - OPWDD
App by Dr. Chinazo Echezona-Johnson, EdD, LL.B, MSN, RN-C, VP of Nursing Services