As of version 0.91 components of Alarm+ are:
- Standard alarm: one time or recurring(choose days of week)
- Countdown where you choose the number of seconds,minutes,hours etc to count down.
- Interval, pick the number of times to repeat, the initial pause and the pause between each alarm.
- Stopwatch with laps, two or more stopwatches can be synchronized to start at the exact same time. Options for sound at spesified times and events.
- Clock, analog and digital.
The main window is a dynamic list that can hold as many of these components as you like and each component has 3 different sizes: minimized, large and full screen.
Any type of alarm support a number of tools:
- Text: add some information or a label to an alarm or stopwatch
- Play sound: choose a built in sound or a sound from your computer. You can select how long this sound should repeat by choosing minutes or repetitions.
- Control of system volume for when you forget to unmute or have the volume too low by accident.
- Wake pc from sleep: Alarm+ automatically configures the pc to enable wake from sleep, this way the pc do not have to be running while you use Alarm+.
- Run files and open websites when any alarm goes off. Examples of usage are to open an online radio station or play a video when the alarm goes off.
Editing the properties of a component requires just one click with the mouse, so often it is faster to reuse the same component instead of having to create a new one.
Alarm+ has an increasing number of settings, at the moment they include:
- Change locale: display the time in all the worlds different ways.
- Choose timezone.
- Change date format aswell as time format.
- Set colors of each type of component.
Note: System volume control is disabled for Windows xp and older versions.