Air Hockey Gold perfectly mimics the experience of playing air hockey on a real table, and it lets you select from a wide range of skill levels for gameplay. You also can choose to play against the computer or challenge your friends, giving you so many possibilities for competition that you'll have a hard time putting this game down.
Game options: No matter how you feel like playing, this game can accommodate you. Levels of difficulty range from Kiddie to Insane with several more steps in between, and you can even play with one or two pucks to spice things up some more. Two player options include Wireless 2 player and the ability to both play at the same time on the same device.
Responsive controls: To control your mallet, you just have to slide your finger where you want it to go. The equipment responds perfectly, so you get the same experience as if you were playing on a real table and holding the mallet in your hand. The pucks float and glide just like they do on an actual table as well.
Irremovable ads: There are ads that pop up after every game, and while you can upgrade to an ad-free version on the iPad, there is no option to remove ads on the iPhone.
Air Hockey Gold is a well-crafted game that will help you pass the time alone or with friends. Whether you want to build up your skills so you're better prepared to take on your friends, or you're focused on conquering more and more achievements on your own, this is a great, free app to try.
Thanks to all the millions and millions of Air Hockey Gold players out there! We dragged Air Hockey Gold, kicking and screaming, into iOS 10 happiness. As you know, Air Hockey's been around a while. You wouldn't believe the mess we found in there. So, we ripped off some bandages, stripped out the bailing wire, and had to melt off some duct tape - but here it is! Here's what's new:
- 64 BITS OF GOODNESS! You won't see that warning about the developer needing to do an update anymore. Air Hockey, however, still runs exactly as awesomely fast as it ever did.
- Added support for iPad Pro along with all the latest iPhone models & screen sizes.
- Melted & reformed the menu code. (We'll add that replay button some day...it didn't make this version though.)
- Taught the AI some new tricks. The computer player is now a little smarter/different and better at using the whole table.
- Reflowed the goal detection logic to make sure we always catch those sneaky pucks.
- Made the Air Hockey logo shiny and happy again...and it sits were we told it to.
- Fixed the middle-of-the-screen pause screen double tap button placement. It was trying to get away.
- Fancied up the menu background translucent coloring a bit.
- New launch screen. Some devices & iOS versions saw some odd behavior in the last version. No more!
- Reworked the device rotation code. You absolutely won't notice a difference, but it looks so much nicer under the hood.
- OK. Would you believe that until now Air Hockey still used a modified version of the way-long-gone OpenFeint to handle GameCenterkwscnmrk It was messy. MESSY. We had to use a chainsaw and leaf blower, but it's all gone & replaced with sweet native Game Center code. (Please please let us know if you can find any Game Center, ummm, "integration issues" that are still hanging around.)
- Did some really minor graphics tweaks in a couple places. There was a spec that was a quarter pixel off. Kicked it!
- Killed some sound bugs.
- So many little odds & ends that we forgot them all. We did stuff. It was good. There was much rejoicing.
Secret developer note from days of old: Did you know that the goal sounds in Air Hockey were recorded by sliding a plastic air hockey puck across a granite kitchen counter top into a glass mixing bowl with a wash cloth in itkwscnmrk It took about 100 tries plus some editing to get the few goal sounds we use in the game. Those were the days!