Imagine a world where you could say absolutely anything under any name and make it heard, while having no body of your own. What would you say that you normally wouldn't?
Would you be calling more people out? Distributing your very own scarlet letters? Lashing out on the new craze in tech, even if you know your significant other is into it? Writing up columns even The New York Times would be too embarrassed to publish on the opinion pages? Squashing pseudo-experts? Making fun of self-righteous prudes?
Aether enables you to act that unfiltered self on anything that tickles your fancy. That also means others get to have the same, too, so nurture a thick skin. We talk politics, gadgets, gossip, philosophy, tech and everything in between.
What's new in version 1.1.2
- Fixed an issue where users would receive multiple notifications of the same reply.
- Links on single post view are now highlighted.
- Thread header texts are now selectable.
- Moved the main font from EB Garamond to Merriweather to increase readability on Windows and OS X.
- Fixed a bug where compose pane would be confused about its current state.
- Implemented a new design for compose pane to increase consistency and flatten the user flow.
- All date and time fields are now consistent across the application.
- Fixed a bug where the language choices at the subject bar would increase and duplicate at each 20 letters.
- Made the behaviour of the new thread creation flow be in line with rest of the creation interfaces.
ReleaseAugust 31, 2014
Date AddedAugust 31, 2014
Operating SystemsMacintosh, Mac OS X 10.8, Mac OS X 10.9