Active Survivor was created by a high schooler after she realized that she lacked the knowledge about what to do in the event of a school or workplace shooting. Active Survivor contains many features that educates users on the recommended course of action if they were to encounter gun violence.
- Information about how to be prepared for a shooting
- Recommends a course of action in the event of a shooting
- Recommendations based off the location of the shooter
- Recommendations based off the materials a user might have around them
- Additional resources on where you can find information about the best course of action in the event of a shooting also included
- App crafted based on articles written by the Huffington Post and New York Times about this topic