Accutension is a Smartphone Auscultatory Blood Pressure Kit, or manual BP on the phone.
According to a clinical research published in American Journal of Hypertension (https://academic.oup.com/ajh/article/30/7/683/3739803/An-Assessment-of-the-Accuracy-of-Home-Blood), 36% home blood pressure monitor users can not get accurate reading with their own device, because of the intrinsic design problem. The invention of Accutension is to improve blood pressure measurement accuracy.
Accutension improves accuracy by employing doctors' blood pressure measurement method. Doctors use a stethoscope to listen to the sounds of blood flow pulse to find out blood pressure values during BP cuff deflation. Accutension uses the same method but even better because,
1. Accutension records the sounds (Korotkoff sounds) of the blood flow pulse during measurement;
2. Accutension visualizes the sounds, so you will see the sounds on your phone screen when you hear the sounds;
3. You can playback the sounds after measurement to re-confirm the blood pressure readings;
4. You can email the measurement raw data including the sounds to a medical professional to double confirm the reading if you are not sure.
Accutension is different from those automatic blood pressure monitors that do not sense the sounds. The automatic blood pressure monitors normally use oscillometric algorithms to estimate blood pressure values. Different manufacturers use different algorithms and could give very different readings.
Accutension is different from those smart blood pressure monitors, which mainly use smartphone to store the readings. Accutension uses the smartphone as a part of the instrument to find the readings other than just store the readings. Except this big difference, Accutension has the same features as other smart blood pressure monitors. For example:
1. Accutension stores both the result and the raw data, so all the measurement result can be traced back;
2. Accutension can show the visual trend of blood pressure on daily, weekly, monthly and yearly basis.
Start to get accurate blood pressure readings now.