Download the FREE app and view selected topics
- Approximately 10% of the content is viewable in the free app and tapping on the locked topic will launch the in-app purchase screen.
ABOUT 5-Minute Anesthesia Consul:
Vital source for the practice and teaching of anesthesiology. It presents a collection of 480 diseases and concepts related to the field of anesthesiology.
Editor: Nina Singh-Radcliff, MD
Publisher: Wolters Kluwer Health | Lippincott Williams & Wilkins
The 5-Minute Anesthesia Consult provides a readily accessible compilation of anesthesia topics that is useful to students, residents, physicians, certified nurse anesthetists, anesthesia assistants, and ancillary medical staff. Following the highly successful format of The 5-Minute Clinical Consult series, 480 topics covering risk factors and epidemiology, preoperative evaluation, intraoperative care and postoperative care. The topic-specific format of each chapter provides a focused, evidence-based, yet simplified, discussion of Physiology, Management, Co-Existing Disease, Surgical Procedure, and Drug topics.
In addition to general operative and perioperative care, this comprehensive book also covers subspecialty topics in cardiac, neurosurgical, obstetric, geriatric, critical care, pediatric, regional, vascular, thoracic, and acute and chronic pain.
- Includes 480 distinct topics covering a wide range of conditions
- Each entry is presented in a standardized template for easy access to key information
- Each chapter provides a list of additional, complementary topics that are available within the book; this allows readers to supplement their knowledge of a given topic
- Unique to this textbook is the Management section, which covers a comprehensive list of perioperative complications and issues which is invaluable for oral board review
- Chapter topics include a large number of ABA keywords
- Over 300 expert contributors
Locate a disease, symptom or medication in the fastest possible manner:
- Use "Spotlight Search" from Home screen
- Tap and Hold launch icon to open the Last Topic, History, Favorites
- Navigate using multiple indices
- History to open frequently visited pages
NEVER FORGET ANYTHING:
Mark topics with relevant information:
- Rich-text notes
- Voice memos
- Annotations with scribble, doodle or text
You choose the method to note this regardless of the context you are in to ensure that the important facts are available whenever you access the topic, whether it is tomorrow or six months from now.