You want to view 3D objects in 3DMF files? You want to be able to compose 3D worlds with several objects? You want to be able to manipulate each object independently from each other? You want to be able to move freely in the 3D world around your objects?
Then 3DMF Viewer is what you need!
3DMF Viewer allows you to view interactively and move freely through 3DMF objects.
- You can open individual 3DMF files with an open dialog window or by dropping them on the viewer window.
- You can view several 3D objects at the same time in a 3D world made of 3D objects loaded from several 3DMF files.
- You are not limited to move around the objects and face their center but you can move freely in any direction as if you were visiting the 3D world.
- You can select and manipulate the camera as well as all other individual objects in the 3D world.
- You can view and edit the position, orientation and scale of the camera and the objects.
- You can save and open the scenes you've created.
- You can change the background color, the ambient light color and the flood light color.
- You can turn on/off wireframe rendering, fog rendering and back faces rendering.
- You can set the near rendering plane and far rendering plane distances.
- You can set the ambient light brightness and flood light brightness.
- It doesn't need any installation which makes it very easy to use.
- It is available in Dutch, English, French, German, Italian, Simplified Chinese, Slovenian, Spanish, Traditional Chinese and many other languages.
Read the whole documentation for more details...
November 20, 2003
Version: 3DMF Viewer 2.11
By Bobby T
This review was originally posted on VersionTracker.com. I've been trying to get this program to do something very simple for a long time. Get a frontward view of an object saved as 3DMF. I have a logo for my web site and am looking for a Mac OS X native way to view it so I can save pictures of it...
After looking at other apps by AlphaOmega, I now am completely aware as to why I can't view the object from a strait on frontal view. The fact that something so simple that has worked so well under Mac OS 9 does not work in this creation by this author. Navigating 3DMF objects is an impossibility if you are trying to get a specific view. Spending an hour and a half to try to move my view to a specific position is beyond ridiculous...
This program isn't worth the money. I'm glad I found this out before I ended up deciding to register it in hopes that it would eventually become a usable app.
Avoid AlphaOmega software, and THIS program, at all costs.
This review was originally posted on VersionTracker.com. The app seems to work as advertised. I don't understand why some people(such as the last two reviewers) seem to take pleasure in writing bad reviews but I've seen a fair amount of this on VT and would like to see VT do something about this.
Submit Your Reply
Thank You for Submitting a Reply, !
Note that your submission may not appear immediately on our site.