CNET Editors' review
xStarter offers users a chance to customize their computers by automating certain tasks. The program is flexible and option-packed, but less experienced users should definitely spend time with the Help file.
The xStarter interface is on the plain side, but information is neatly organized and it smartly opens with preloaded sample tasks. A list on the left-hand side holds 31 possible tasks ranging from opening a Web browser to searching for files and opening the CD player. On the right side, users are shown what actions and schedules are associated with a selected task. There are an almost overwhelming number of options for each one, but a fantastic Help menu is there to guide you. By going back to the examples, clicking on the function you want and then clicking the Help icon, users are shown step-by-step instructions on how to create it. With a little patience, you'll soon be creating your custom tasks.
While xStarter performs its job perfectly, some may feel overwhelmed learning this program. For users willing to spend some time getting familiar with its operation, though, we highly recommend this effective tool for automating tasks.
From xStarter Solutions:
The utility for automating routine computer tasks. It can archive data, run windows applications, copy files and folders, show popup messages, start and stop NT services, etc. Tasks can be started by extended sheduler on pre-defined time, after some pre-defined time, periodically. Also they can be started by system events or manually. It have easily expandable set of automated operations, internal Pascal-like language, multilingual interface.
More Products to Consider
- Bring back the Windows "Start" menu to Windows 8.
- Return the Windows 7 style Start menu to Windows 8.
- Clean up icon clutter on your desktop.
- Set unlimited numbers of alarm clocks on Windows.
- Enhance your desktop with different widgets.
- Enable clock with countdown, reminder, stopwatch, and desktop s...
- Get dock with live icon reflections and speed up access to your...
- Place favorite Web links, program shortcuts, and widgets on a f...
- Customize the look and feel of the Windows desktop interface wi...
- Add and remove features to your system.
- Give your Windows 7, XP, or Vista cursor a wide range of effect...
- Personalize your Windows 8/8.1 start and lock screens with your...
- Set up a timer with countdown mode, an alarm clock, and a stopw...
- Wake up to this alarm clock that has a different alarm for each...
- Hotkey manager.
- Log & record task times.
- Start a default screensaver or minimize open windows.
- Create and stick electronic notes on your Windows desktop.
- System management tool.
- Create links to your favorite files, folders, and applications.
- Do actions on a database with the help of a task schedulers.
- Manage, maintain, fix, and protect your system.
- Edit and modify files in plain-text format.
- Set up countdown timer to receive alert of important event.
Add Your Review
Submit your reply
E-mail this review
Report offensive content
See more CNET content tagged: