uControl gives you the ability to take those useless keys, that you're certain would have been better fashioned as something else, and turn them into something useful. It started out as a simple hack to remap the caps lock key to a control key, but has since evolved into a fairly sophisticated means of remapping many of the modifier keys on your keyboard to any other modifier keys you wish. This means you can reclaim some keys that seem especially useless. This is especially important if you own a laptop, for which simply buying another keyboard isn't quite satisfactory. This is Free Software licensed under the GPL.
What's new in this version: Fixed the problem where uControl would present the following error message: "The program you are using needs to use a system file that may reduce the security of your computer."
More Products to Consider
- Bring back the Windows "Start" menu to Windows 8.
- Create multiple alerts which can alert you at a specific moment...
- Return the Windows 7 style Start menu to Windows 8.
- Clean up icon clutter on your desktop.
- Set unlimited numbers of alarm clocks on Windows.
- Enhance your desktop with different widgets.
- Enable clock with countdown, reminder, stopwatch, and desktop s...
- Get dock with live icon reflections and speed up access to your...
- Place favorite Web links, program shortcuts, and widgets on a f...
- Customize the look and feel of the Windows desktop interface wi...
- Add and remove features to your system.
- Give your Windows 7, XP, or Vista cursor a wide range of effect...
- Personalize your Windows 8/8.1 start and lock screens with your...
- Set up a timer with countdown mode, an alarm clock, and a stopw...
- Wake up to this alarm clock that has a different alarm for each...
- Allows you to invoke hidden iTunes preferences.
- Create and stick electronic notes on your Windows desktop.
- Tag your iTunes tracks and create playlists from them.
- Community and recommendation system for iTunes.
- Generate rankings and breakouts for your most-played iTunes son...
- Set up lightweight countdown timer and clock.
- ITunes music library analyzer.
- ITunes playlists scheduler.
- Calculates total iTunes play time.
Add Your Review
Submit your reply
E-mail this review
Report offensive content
See more CNET content tagged: