Timer is an advanced plug-in for iMovie that provides you with all timing-related tools you have ever required. Use it to time real-time events (e.g. footage of a sporting event, experiments, forensics), add Ã¢â?¬Ë?24Ã¢â?¬â?¢-style time info to your movie, countdowns, or provide time base lines for your stop-motion videos. In short, any time-related information can be added with this plug-in.
As a Ã¢â?¬Ë?reference classÃ¢â?¬â?¢ plug-in this effect sport the following features:
* real-time timer (tied to the video signal)
* real-time count-down
* time dilation/compression from 1:10 to 10:1
* pre-set to any start value (timer)
* count-down to any stop value (count-down)
* calculate time (you provide start and stop times, the plug crates all time values in-between)
* 11 different timer formats available
* place the time anywhere on the clip -- using the mouse!
* automatically scale time with mouse -- no silly font size selection!
* use any font (note that this is an effect, not a title plug-in!)
* use any color for time display
* optional panel behind timer for improved contrast
* use any color for panel (if enabled)
* 100 levels of transparency
Video timing (for real-time timer/count-down):
* 30 fps (NTSC)
* 25 fps (PAL)
Note to advanced video editors:
Since iMovie does not pass any original DV timing info to the plug-in, this plug-in can only be used to newly time-stamp source, not re-establish lost timing code.
Use this plug-in for any time-related info displayed in a video, e.g.
* time of day
* time passage for stop-motion
* clocking real-time events
* Ã¢â?¬Ë?24Ã¢â?¬â?¢-style time info
* establish time codes for videos
What's new in this version:
After bringing simple caption to universal, we went the extra mile, and also updated timer, our popular stopwatch/24/documetary plug-in. it, too, has gained a lot of new and/or improved functionality, including a new (requested) timer mode: frame count. check it out. now.