From IntrArts Creative Media:
throttled is a bandwidth shaping application for Mac OS X and FreeBSD which allows you to cap your upstream bandwidth, prioritize ACK packets, and keep your download speeds high even when your server is sending out at full speed.
- Allows you to set a global bandwidth cap for all your applications, or multiple caps with different speeds to guarantee all your servers a certain amount of bandwidth.
- Allows you to setup wighted queues for your network data to guarantee low-latency ssh, telnet, etc connections on your server.
- Includes optimizations for many online games including Unreal Tournament 2004, World of Warcraft, Call of Duty, Ghost Recon, Starcraft, Warcraft II, Warcraft III, and Diablo II.
- Prioritizes TCP ACK packets to allow consistent bandwidth in both directions even under heavy server load.
- It uses almost no resources. CPU usage is around 0 - 3% and it uses less than 500k of RAM.
- Source code is freely available, and released under the GPL. Please read the COPYING file in the distribution.
What's new in this version: This release fixes all known issues with OS X 10.7 and was recompiled with the latest Xcode.
More Products to Consider
- Serve media to PlayStation 3's or other UPnP devices.
- 802.11 WiFi wireless scanner and connection manager.
- Graphical user interface for OpenVPN.
- Wireless LAN site survey.
- IPsec VPN client (login required).
- Remote control any Mac over the internet within seconds.
- Get instant secure access to your computer and its programs and...
- Wireless sniffer & scanner that uses monitor mode and passive s...
- Update DynIPs at dyndns.servermaster.de.
- Cocoa front-end for SSH, SFTP and SCP.
- Discover and manage networks.
- Connect to remote Windows desktops.
- Secure Apple Remote Desktop and VNC client.
- Arrange multiple computers into one secure network.
- Access any PC and Mac via remote desktop.
- Monitor networks, routers, servers; send alerts, create stats.
- Access and control your Mac from a tablet, phone or a PC.
- Remote access using IPSec or SSL VPN.
- Proxy testing agent with list capabilities.
- Terminal bookmarking and launching for Telnet, SSH, FTP, SFTP a...
- Popular IRC server suite.
- Network administration and security testing utility.
- High-end mail server app.
- Server app for iSticky users on local network.