Managing your genealogical data can be difficult and time consuming. If you don't feel like managing the data and drawing the family tree, yourself, ohmiGene for Mac might just be the right app for you.
ohmiGene for Mac comes in Lite and PLUS versions. The Lite version is free to try but the number of profiles that you can have is limited, and a watermark is added when you export files. The PLUS version costs $40 and comes without watermarks. The installation of the application is very quick and easy as it's the usual Mac drag and drop type of installation. The interface is pretty straightforward, with huge icons that are easy to understand. You start by creating a new profile and adding a few people to the family link. You can also add more information like events, the person's attributes, relations, children, parents, etc. When you switch to the family navigation mode, the app will show you a clean family tree with a short summary of the person next to his/her icon, with more details when you hover your cursor over the profile.
Even though ohmiGene for Mac comes with a steep price tag, it performs its functions well and would be useful to users who are trying to organize their genealogy data in a very clean and elegant manner.
ohmiGene is a complete program for the management of your genealogical data.
Available in French and English, ohmiGene works under MacOS X (PowerPC or MacIntel, including Leopard) and Windows.
ohmiGene is a 'clean' program : it works exclusively in the folder which contains it.
A database created on Mac works on PC, and vice versa.
An USB key, containing a working folder with the programs ohmiGene (PPC), ohmiGene X (MacIntel) and ohmiGene.exe (Windows) can be connected on any computer : ohmiGene is immediately operational
Data are saved in the database with the encoding UTF8 : languages as the cyrillic can be used.
ohmiGene is THE program, working with a database, which respects more the GEDCOM format (import-export).
If any context concerning the submission of a file to the church LDS is absent, almost totality of the other contexts are correctly handled (import, manipulation and export...): individual records ou family records, evnts, attributes ... without forgetting the relations (tag ASSO), the multiple identities, neither the possible doubles (tag ALIA) ... contexts often ignored by many software !
- The majority of the current features are present: individual or family card, websites, quick lists, trees, fan chart ...
- The majority of the contexts support an unlimited number of associated documents, notes (format RTF), sources and sakouveux ...
- The possibility of easily creating lists of persons, according to a multitude of criteria. These lists can be the object of tasks in series (marks, sources...), printed or exported ...
- Etc. .
- Modules allowing to manage the surnames, the mess of places, the sources, the documents associated, the names of the events, the sakouveux ...
- A powerful module TO TRACK THE DOUBLES before merging them, if necessary.
- Without forgetting a module providing some statistics, a module allowing to convert dates in various calendars (Julien, Gregorian, Chinese, Indian, Islamic, Jewish and French), a possible connection with Google Maps, etc. .