CNET Editors' note: The "Download Now" link directs you to the product page. You can download the application from the Android Market on your Android device.
CNET Editors' review
With its additional video playback options and easy-to-use interface, mVideoPlayer is an upgrade over native Android video players. Whether viewing movies from outside sources or those taken by your device, the program performs well and even allows for viewing subtitles, if available in the video.
The free program's small size allows it to download and start quickly. The main menu does have some advertisements along the bottom, but they are less conspicuous compared to other programs. Buttons along the top allow for displaying watched and unfinished videos, sorting by criteria, and scanning for more files, among other options. Each selection is labeled clearly, making mVideoPlayer easy to use, right off the bat. The only hiccup for less-experienced users could be designating the folder where videos will be stored, which can be difficult. The main window displays videos on the phone by category, whether television, movies, or general videos. Navigating is accomplished by swiping left or right, which changes the screen. Touching the individual video file starts the playback. If a user is in their camera mode, selecting a video also brings up the program, where users can select it as the default playback option. You also can opt to display additional information during playback, including things like battery level. While playing a video, the screen displays standard controls, as well as options for showing subtitles. Users can also zoom in or out, and adjust brightness, features not often found on similar programs.
mVideoPlayer offers a rich selection of features and customization options and it's definitely a welcome replacement for native programs.
I'm busy working on the tablet version of this app so unfortunately there haven't been many updates to this version in a long time. I'm sorry.mVideoPlayer is what I would say the best video player replacement application available for Android, with a lot of useful and handy features and a nice and clean interface it greatly improves on Android's built-in video player. The application is freely available here on the Android market, so make sure you give it a try if you have a burning interest in watching movies and TV-series.This app DOES ONLY PLAY WHAT YOUR PHONE ALREADY SUPPORTS so if you were looking for anything else, don't waste your time. It could however be used as a video library browser because it allows you to open videos with other applications.****FEATURES****- Subtitle Support: srt, ssa, ass, sub/idx, mpl, smi, txt, sub, sami.- Internal MKV Subtitle (srt, ssa, ass), ONLY usefull on devices that supports playback of MKV.- On-screen information such as time and battery. - Responsive, intuitive controls.- Built-in subtitle search powered by OpenSubtitles.org, download and pair a subtitle with a video in less than 10 seconds.- Video library with movie posters & inbuilt poster search.- Imdb.com search, view information about your movie fast and easy directly within the app.- Three listing opions: With posters, thumbnails or clean & simple.- A lot of options for you to tweak to make the app fit your needs perfectly.Send me an email if you find any issues. ;)Recent changes:********2.9.1*********- Bug fix, SMI subtitle parser.- HW acceleration for honeycomb.********2.9.0*********- Some minor changes and optimizations on the video list has been done.- Fixed video list sort bug: now case insensitive.- Preference for "slide to show sidebar"- Bugfix: Poster search showing wrong poster.- New subtitle render library, support for outline border, different fonts & larger text sizes.- BETA support for SUB/IDX subtitle format.- Light theme removed...Content rating: Everyone
What's new in this version: ********2.9.1*********- Bug fix, SMI subtitle parser.- HW acceleration for honeycomb.********2.9.0*********- Some minor changes and optimizations on the video list has been done.- Fixed video list sort bug: now case insensitive.- Preference for "slide to show sidebar"- Bugfix: Poster search showing wrong poster.- New subtitle render library, support for outline border, different fonts & larger text sizes.- BETA support for SUB/IDX subtitle format.- Light theme removed...
More Products to Consider
- Play the video in various formats.
- Sync iTunes playlists, rate music and build playlists directly ...
- HD video player is the easiest android phone player, has a powe...
- Mix and scratch 2 MP3 files on your Android device.
- SYBLA TV Sybla TV brings you the best Arabic and international ...
- Turn your phone into a wireless camera! Supports Windows, Mac a...
- Bass Booster is a native app which will allow you adjust your b...
- Hollywood Movies.
- Browse awesome collection of funny videos. #1 Funny videos app ...
- Unlimited Music. Everywhere.
- Play almost any type of digital music files with Wide/Reverb/X-...
- Video Toolbox provides a set of tools to do the simple things y...
- Provide license key for your existing Video Safe application.
- ## Can play and browser MP4 File on your device.## You don't ne...
- Broadcast live video over 3G and WiFi from your Android phone.
- Play audio and video files with this cross-platform player.
- Bass Booster - Equalizer - Volume Booster - 10 Presets.
- Instant Video Messaging.
- Download and share videos across Android, PC, and Web.
- The best video experience on Android!.
- Listen to audiobooks and podcasts on your Android device using ...
- Control the privacy of the videos on your Android device.
- Manage and play your media on the Android device.
- Shoot, share, and watch videos on your Android.
All versions:4.5 stars
out of 2 votes
Current version:4.5 stars
out of 2 votes
My rating:Write review
Results 1-2 of 2
"Best video player yet"
Version: mVideoPlayer 2.9.1
Downloads poster artwork, reviews, and other info
$3.99 is steep for the ad free version
Best app if you load tv shows and movies to your tablet or phone.
"I use it all the time."
Version: mVideoPlayer 2.9.1
Easy controls, for volume, and screen brightness.
Haven"t found any yet.
I like far more than the video player that came with the phone.
Add Your Review
Submit your reply
E-mail this review
Report offensive content