Therefor no simple peak analysis is made. Instead, the real from the human ears perceived loudness is calculated with an appropriate algorithm. The results of iVolume are much better than those of the built-in "Sound Check" function in iTunes.
If you want to learn more about the used methods you can find it at the following address: http://replaygain.hydrogenaudio.org/
iVolume does not change any data of your audio files, so there is no loss in quality. iVolume simply adjusts the "Volume Adjustment" slider that you can find in the information dialog of iTunes for every song.
What's new in this version:
- Localizations: Added Dutch localization to LittleSecrets.
- Update-Check: The automatic version check does not block the user interface of iVolume anymore.
- Silent songs: Songs that are decoded as constant silence are ignored now.
- Logging: Songs that are getting analyzed are written to the console, so finding corrupted songs that make the QuickTime decoder crash is easier.
- Bugfixes: A few minor bugs in the application and the documentation wer... See all new features »