It's many times faster than QuickTime Pro, works with almost all popular video formats, and it's infinitely free-er.
It's also really easy.
Just drag in your file, and click Start.
You can also choose "TV" or "iPod" size, set your quality, or even go all-out by playing in the Advanced drawer.
On a 1.5GHz G4, iSquint can convert most video files to iPod-screen-sized videos in realtime. Depending on a few factors, a 20 minute video will take up anywhere from 50-150MB of disk space.
- Fast MPEG-4 and H.264 conversion from almost every popular video format, from 3GP to XviD.
- QuickTime Pro and DivX codec not required.
- DivX/XviD AVIs, all forms of MPEG video, and many other formats QuickTime chokes on are supported.
- Batch Processing of multiple files. Save in-place, or to a different folder.
- Automatic aspect ratio detection. Anamorphic MPEG-2 and HDV detected too.
- Quality slider. Leave it as is to trust me, mess with it if you know better, or completely ignore it and play with the...
- Advanced settings drawer. Change every aspect of the conversion process.
- Multithreaded for multi-processor computers.
- Just a few of the supported formats: .mov .mp4 .avi .dv .mpg .vob .3gp .asf .wmv .flv .m4v
What's new in this version:
- New build of ffmpeg. Also, every included tool is now a Universal Binary!
- Conversion from QuickTime on PPC Macs up to 25% faster!
- Conversion from QuickTime on Intel Macs up to 150% faster!
- Certain Windows Media files now convert up to 200% faster!
- Now with [undefined]% more beeps upon job completion!
- Version number now 6.6% bigger!
- iSquint .app package now 18% smaller! (Leaner, meaner.)
- What's New list 600%See all new features »