CNET Editors' note: Beta or prerelease software is not intended for inexperienced users, as the software may contain bugs or potentially damage your system. We strongly recommend that users exercise caution and save all mission-critical data before installing and/or using this software.
CNET Editors' review
Computer usage affects all of our daily work and personal tasks. Even small tasks that used to be done by ear are now dependent on computer programs. Analyzing sound is one of these components. Luckily, iSpectrum Analyzer for Mac offers a simple way to analyze live sound feeds from input devices or your built-in microphone.
iSpectrum Analyzer for Mac enables users to analyze live sounds to enable modifications necessary for management and education. This program can filter for frequency and bandwidth. The simple interface can accommodate both a waterfall display or oscilloscope view depending on your need. Both of these displays are graphical representations that are useful in the scientific study of sound. Sound technicians can also use these representations to make minute adjustments to sound feeds for public events. The program can access live sounds from an external input device or your computer's internal microphone. You can take snapshots of the sound analysis that are saved as PDF files. The interface is basic but functional and the program is stable. This free program comes with limited support.
iSpectrum Analyzer for Mac is an effective tool for sound analysis that has a wide range of real world applications. This program seems suitable for amateur sound technicians and radio operators as well as educators at various levels.
From Dog Park Software Ltd.:
iSpectrum is an easy to use audio spectrum analyzer that allows you to view live audio in a standard frequency plot, a stereo oscilloscope view and a waterfall display. You can adjust the display resolution, center frequency and save images to disk. iSpectrum is used by Amateur Radio Operators, Audiofiles, Musicians, Sound Technicians and Educators.
More Products to Consider
- Mix, scratch and remix MP3s or music videos live.
- Play nearly any audio or video file without additional codecs.
- Save YouTube and Vimeo videos in MP3 format.
- YouTube video player and downloader.
- Universal, highly tweakable DVD/video ripper and converter.
- Convert MPC, APE, WV, FLAC, OGG, WMA, AIFF, WAV and Video to MP...
- Download videos and transfer to mobile devices.
- Learn to play an instrument, write music, record a song.
- Manage your music and movie libraries on your Mac, iPod, iPhone...
- Switch Mac audio file format converter. Convert between over 40...
- Transfer songs from your iPod back to your computer.
- Vocal reduction audio unit plug-in.
- Convert WMA, WMV files to MP3 format.
- Digital video editing system.
- Music creation and audio production.
- Explore the creative possibilities of mixing with this full-fea...
- Convert video between popular formats and enjoy an enhanced pla...
- Bongiovi DPS makes everything sound better! Use DPS to make you...
- Create and manage various sound effects.
- Records audio from any source using iMic.
- Access iTunes library & controls from menu bar.
- Move the music you download from the Internet directly to iTune...
- Graphically controlled vocal reduction app.
- Perform the simulations and visualizations of your scientific r...
Add Your Review
Submit your reply
E-mail this review
Report offensive content