From OpenLink Software:
iODBC stands for Independent Open Database Connectivity. Commonly considered to be specific to Linux or UNIX platforms, iODBC is a truly platform-independent Open Source implementation of ODBC.
The iODBC effort is managed via the iODBC project, which is maintained and supported by Openlink Software.
iODBC and ODBC are 100% compatible. Thus, migration of ODBC-compliant applications and drivers across platforms does not require wholesale rewrites.
The iODBC SDKs for the Mac provide support for Cocoa, Carbon, Darwin, and Classic development. Like ODBC on the Windows platform, iODBC comprises the following:
- ODBC Drivers -- Simply, Drivers that implement the ODBC API.
- iODBC Driver Manager -- The Driver Manager is implemented as a Framework under Mac OS X; a Shared Library under Darwin, Linux, UNIX and OpenVMS; and a Code Fragment under Mac OS 9.
- iODBC Administrator -- iODBC provides the native GUI-based OpenLink ODBC Administrator for Mac OS 9 and Mac OS X. The HTTP-based OpenLink ODBC Administrator is also available for all iODBC-supported client platforms except the Classic Mac OS.
- iODBC SDK -- Used by developers for the development of ODBC-compliant database applications and drivers, the iODBC SDK includes all necessary Header Files and Shared and Static Link Libraries, as well as the library sources.
What's new in this version:
- ODBC 3.0 compliance (fully backward compatible)
- improved ODBC tracing
- same runtime as included with OpenLink UDA 5.1
- Carbon applications linked with iODBC CFM Bridge can be run in Mac OS X boot environment, Mac OS 9 boot environment, or Classic environment of Mac OS X, all without recompilation (Mac OS X boot environment requires Cocoa runtimes)
More Products to Consider
- Design, develop, and maintain standards-based websites and appl...
- Create web sites and blogs.
- Updates Java components.
- Mac OS X development environment.
- Edit audio, add audio effects on Mac OS X easily.
- Use Flex, Flash, AJAX to build rich Internet apps that deploy t...
- Komodo Edit: Free multi-platform, multi-language editor: Perl, ...
- Y2K fixes for the web publishing software.
- Show or hide all hidden files on your mac.
- Text editor for plain text files with many options.
- Manage business database applications.
- Rapidly prototype websites and application interfaces.
- Create games for Mac, PC, or Web with a free development tool.
- Popular HTML & text editor.
- ODBC Driver for SQL Server.
- Independent ODBC SDK.
- Single-Tier ODBC driver for JDBC data sources.
- Find ASCII codes for characters.
- Affinic debugger user interface for OS X.
- Noise and speed reduction for Mac disc drives.
- High-end mail server app.
- Database search tool requiring no programming knowledge.
- Advanced property list & preference editor.
- Subversion (SVN) client.