CNET Editors' note: The download button opens the iTunes App Store, where you may continue the download process. You must have iTunes installed with an active iTunes account in order to download and install the software. This download may not be available in some countries.
CNET Editors' review
The great thing about the iPhone and iPod is that they put our entire music collection at our fingertips. However, every now and then, we like the randomness that a good, old-fashioned radio station offers for finding new tunes or listening to old ones. iHeartradio brings the radio to your iOS device so you don't have to miss a music beat.
Before getting started with iHeartradio, you're asked to sign in using either your Facebook account or by entering your e-mail address and creating a password. You can also skip that option and come back to it, which is what we decided to do. Right off, we were instructed to either find a station or create our own. By allowing the app to find our location, we were able to search through local stations to add to our playlist. If you want to step out of your city limits, the app does let you browse by city, or you can browse by genre. We selected a station located in San Francisco and were greeted by an ad, but soon after the station played without a hitch.
While the station is playing music, you can adjust the volume, save the station, and set the Sleep Timer feature. To set the timer, we did have to sign in and include our e-mail address and birth date, and we had to create a password. The Sleep Timer options are in different increments, from 15 minutes, to 45 minutes, to 3 hours. We set it for 15 minutes and sure enough, the radio station stopped playing after the time was up.
Using the Create feature, we were then able to create a station in much the same way that Pandora works. We entered an artist or a song, and the app pulled up similar artists that we could either assign a "thumbs up" or "thumbs down" to as we listened. If you want to share your musical taste with your friends, just tap the icon in the far right corner to publicize the song you're listening to on Facebook. Likewise, you can send whatever is playing to your Apple TV device and play it from there.
Our only complaint with iHeartradio is that the app doesn't list the names of the song and artist while in radio mode, which is frustrating if you find something you like. But even still, we highly recommend iHeartradio for music and talk radio lovers.
Listen to your favorite live stations or create your own with iHeartRadio -- the only app you need to stream live radio and enjoy commercial-free custom music stations. The best streaming radio app (CNET) iHeart's iPhone radio app also offers activity-based music recommendations and on-demand audio from your favorite talk shows and personalities. Set an alarm clock to wake you up to your favorite station or remind you to tune in to your favorite show. Features: The best of LIVE INTERNET RADIO: pop, country, hip-hop and R&B, rock, talk, news, sports & more Create CUSTOM MUSIC stations: over 16 million songs from 400,000 artists PERFECT FOR: playlists for working, driving, working out & hundreds more activities TALK: on-demand episodes from great names in news, sports, finance, comedy & entertainment Log in via email or Facebook to create custom music stations, save live radio stations to your Presets, and access your favorites from wherever you use iHeartRadio. It's fast, easy and FREE! Have a suggestion, question or concern? Please email us at email@example.com and we'll be happy to assist you.
What's new in this version: Refreshed look and feel, optimized for iOS7.Fixes bugs to improve iHeartRadio listener experience.
More Products to Consider
- Mobile Tracker FREE lets you locate mobile phones from any prov...
- Tom is your pet cat, that responds to your touch and repeats ev...
- BIGGER, BETTER FUN-NERThe original Talking Tom Cat is back - an...
- Take your iPhone, iPod, or iPad camera into the past with some ...
- Distort, fatten, pinch, and stylize your camera with real-time ...
- Dont be fooled by imitators - this is the original Cell Phone T...
- Get the BEST CELL PHONE TRACKER!Locate any phone in the world, ...
- FREE DOWNLOAD! Play YouTube music NON-STOP! Number 1 music app ...
- Listen to unlimited, on-demand music everywhere.
- Make music anywhere you go with full features touch instruments...
- Would you like to choose from thousands and thousands of animal...
- Watch YouTube like you are used to! Access all videos with this...
- Word Swag *automagically* turns your words into beautiful photo...
- Get your official guide to the Harley-Davidson 110th Anniversar...
- Jailbreak for iPhones, iPods Touch & iPads of all versions with...
- VU Radio is a internet radio player that has two analog VU mete...
- A game created to learn and identify the different colors and s...
- Cute Emoticons Free - Use 450 Cute Emoticons & Gif Animation Cu...
- WRHQ-FM (Quality Rock Q105.3) is Savannah's ONLY local radio st...
- Fate App is a patent pending application that chooses what to d...
- Easy Listening allows you to stream the worlds most exclusive e...
- Read books on your iPhone, iPod Touch, and iPad with Lexcycle S...
- Have you ever wished you could listen to Alan Partridges radio ...
- Shore Alternative - New Music Discovery Shore Alternative has m...
All versions:2.8 stars
out of 5 votes
Current version:0 stars Be the first to review this product
My rating:Write review
Results 1-5 of 5
"Dont bother unless your out of skips on another service"
Version: iHeartRadio Free Music & Internet Radio Stations 4.7.1
It exists. and does pretty much the same thing as all other internet radio. minus the cons of course.
Continiously plays songs you have disliked.
goes through "testing" fazes where you cannot stop certain songs from playing. (for me it was taylor swift on repeat which alone should net them a 1 star rating)
Customer support is worse than useless. and they don't fix issues. they calmly give some pisspoor excuse and hope that you don't respond back.
"Didn't really care for it"
Version: iHeartRadio Free Music & Internet Radio Stations 3.01
Pandora for iPhone is better
Not user friendly, not very versitle
It's ok but not wasn't crazy about it
"LOVE THIS STATION"
Version: iHeartRadio Free Music & Internet Radio Stations 2.3.2
I LIKE THAT YOU CAN CHECK FOR DIFFENT STATION AND LISTEN TO ALL KINDS OF MUISC .. YOU WONT GET BORD
NEED MORE SPANISH MUSIC ...
"I LOVE it!"
Version: iHeartRadio Free Music & Internet Radio Stations 2.2
Set up several favorite stations from around the country and enjoy them every day.
None. I works just like it is supposed to.
I love and use the app every day.
"hung up on my BB"
Version: iHeartRadio Free Music & Internet Radio Stations 2.1
could not make it work!
could not enter a city in the search box. It hung up my blackberry.
hung up my BB curve. Had to turn it off and restart.